Thursday, October 3, 2013

Perfect Moment Monday~ On Thursday..

I know I know.. Its Thursday.
 
It’s been a rough week though so I wasn't really in a "Perfect Moment" mood. You have to be in the right mindset to think of something as perfect.
 
Yesterday our dear friend and coworker was laid to rest. It was not an easy day- I worked at the dispatch center and we coordinated coverage from sistering companies to our coverage area so our coworkers could attend the services.

It was an emotionally and physically draining day to say the very least about it.

So its surprising to me that I am choosing a picture I took yesterday and saying it was a perfect moment. Sometimes moments of perfect are born out of moments of imperfection.

At least that’s how I feel.

When I finally crawled into bed last night my mini doxie crawled in right behind me..
 
 
 
 
 
And then he just kind of plopped right there. No second thoughts- no thought what so ever.. just plop.. here is good!
 
His name is Swish. He weighs about 9lbs. He is adorable.

Yesterday he provided me so much comfort. Just a moment to cuddle with him while he just laid right there.
 
After such a long day I found the perfect moment. Just he and I and it was so needed.
 
I did have an okay day otherwise yesterday- I went to the RE for 7DPIUI blood work and ultra sound. I saw my favorite APN Tracy. Blood work must have been good because they didn't call with the results or to ask me to up my Endometrin or to stop it. I normally call them for results and then when I find out my progesterone is good I get all in a tizzy about how exciting things are looking. I didn't do that this time since I already had so much going on I didn't ask for a follow up call unless it was necessary and I restrained myself from calling them.
 
My ultra sound was good. My ovaries are slightly enlarged and there is some fluid in my left ovary. She said it was okay and normal after ovulation. She was really excited she even hugged me afterwards and then my nurse Mary came over and hugged me too.

They were really hopeful and I left the appointment full of hope and completely relaxed. I’m in a good place no matter the outcome.

I have a good feeling though. I just want to stay in this happy bubble on contentness (apparently this isn’t a work according to my spell check.. it is today people)… forever. While I want the excitement of a positive outcome I would much prefer this content happy feeling over the sadness a possible negative could bring forth. .

For now we just wait. I have a beautiful three day weekend to look forward to after I leave work today. Tomorrow we are blessed to watch some friends get married. This weekend I plan on just relaxing and enjoying some free time with my husband.
 
What was your perfect moment this week? Is yours also spurred from a moment of imperfection?

13 comments:

  1. Just came upon your blog and I'm so sorry about your dear friend. Swish is adorable. Sometimes a good cuddle with a pet can do wonders on tough days. I hope you get great news on your IUI. I'll be cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. Sometimes animals just know:) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. So it's bizarre, but the word is "contentedness" which just looks WRONG, right? English. It's nuts. But there you go :)

    I'm glad your pup was able to give you some peace. Mine are laying on the couch together snoring right now so they're mellowing me out even though it's a rough day. I've also got a cat on my shoulder.. What can I say I love my animals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thank Anne even my spell check was clueless!

      Animals are awesome! They are such good companions I think cause they can listen without any feedback but maybe a little lick here or there.

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to find such a perfect moment out of something not so perfect. Sometimes it's those little moments in life that are the very BEST! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think its the little moments that make the world truly beautiful :)

      Delete
  4. Wow what a week! I am so glad you will have a better weekend to look forward to. Also I hear you on keeping your peace. I'm covering you with prayer everyday all we can do is take it one day at a time. My best moment this week is all that I learned in my small group I just felt so full with the spirit. This weekend I am helping put together a bridal shower and then Monday it's the hunny's birthday. So I have a full weekend and I'm excited. Have fun at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had an amazing time at the wedding. My friend gave birth to her baby the day before and Im going to make your pumpkin cheese bread for her!

      Delete
  5. So glad you are finding peace and have a good feeling! Hope it's a wonderful and relaxing 3 day weekend! Your sweet pup is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline so far so good! Time off is no nice sometimes!

      Delete
  6. Swish is adorable, I'm glad you two basked in that moment of quality time :) I have everything crossed for you for this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! I can't wait to take part!!

    ReplyDelete