Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Construction, My Pup, and a Glass of Pinot Grigio

Construction- or deconstruction rather, begins on our home today. They will be ripping our bathroom ceiling down to see just how bad this round of water damage really is. If you’re the praying type- if you wouldn’t mind taking a moment to please pray with us that there is no mold damage on top of the water damage. If you don’t pray and would like to invent a no mold dance please do and share it with me too – no doubt I will be doing the no mold dance at my desk at work all day long. Mold damage requires abatement – which is not cheap and there is also the health aspect. None of this I want to deal with. This will be the third go around with water damage due to flooding and leaks at this home and I am praying that we caught this one prior to mold being a factor. I will post some pictures of our ceiling tomorrow for sure.

I just finished at the RE office my estrogen levels actually went up for a change- which is normally a struggle for my body at this point in my cycle- I went from a level of 50 to a level of 181. I am still spotting – which is insane for me. I normally only bleed for four days at the very most- I’m entering day eight...I’m not too concerned since my lining last cycle was a whopping 14mm, hopefully the bleeding stops very soon though. My lining is currently at 6mm –which considering it still has time to get better, and I’m still bleeding, is very good news. My left ovary is continuing to be not only lazy, but difficult. No follicles grew –all are still less than 10mm- and my ovary is currently behind my uterus which makes it difficult to access during ultra sound and harder to view (read more uncomfortable and more pressure for Kasey.) My right ovary continues to be a champ though- 4 follicles are growing- 16mm, 13mm, 11mm and 11mm- which is amazing and brought tears to my eyes because it has been a true battle to get a follicle over 10mm at this point in my cycle. This is all wonderful news and I go back on Friday to see where we are- I am hoping to see a 20mm on Friday...I mean why not shoot for the stars? I will continue with 225 IU Menopur and .25 Dex- this dose really seem to be working without continually adjusting and changing the medications and that is helping with my stress level as well. So yay! Go IUI 6!! Go right ovary!!

In totally unrelated- but super happy news- I took Swishy, our mini doxie and our "handsome little man" (we fully admit to being dorks and spoiling this little guy rotten ) to the vet yesterday for his yearly shots and wellness checkup. I just received a call that he is super healthy and has no parasites or sickies! Yay for a healthy pup! My Mother in Law will be at our home today and I am sure she is going to bring him her home cooked cookies for him and spoil him to pieces!


Sir Swish-A-Lish not wanting to get out from bed this morning!


I also want to share how truly amazing my BFF ‘L’ is. She really is amazing. We’ve been best friends since we could walk. We went to the same pre-K program and went to school side by side our entire lives. L is beautiful and smart and amazing and I really am so truly lucky. She and I do have a hard time spending time together during the school year due to our insane schedules, but we managed to get together on Monday and partake in a few margaritas, some lunch, and some shopping. –Thank you Columbus Day for something! While she can’t offer me lots of advice on the TTC adventure because has yet to deal with any of these issues she is always ready with a ready ear to listen to whatever I am going through. She always offers words of support and love as we navigate this journey. She’s such a wonderful rock for me. I guess what I am trying to say is I am beyond grateful for her.

On Monday she gave me a small gift bag with some cookies, chocolate, and a bottle of my favorite wine. I mean the girl really does know the way to help heal my heart. There was a card with it that included the verse Matthew 11:28- "Come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest." It meant so much to receive this small gift. It means so much to have someone there to remind me to stay faithful, hopeful, and graceful no matter what life throws at me. She also reminds me that we are never alone on this journey. Not to say I don’t have other people to lean on during the rough stuff, but there is truly nothing like a girl’s best friend. Thank you L. I love you to the moon and back and am so happy that God gave me you as a best friend!



I’m so thankful for so many people that have leant me advice, a prayer, or an ear during all of this, but having your best friend acknowledge all the junk in your life with a warm wish and a prayer means so much. I don’t know how I will ever repay everyone that has leant me their love during our trials – the only way I know is to continue to be here for anyone that needs us during their trials.

I truly hope that today brings you good news and rest if you are weary. Sending out my love and prayers that today is a good day for you too <3

10 comments:

  1. How sweet is your friend!! Love her! So glad that your got some good numbers back today at your appt! Praying for the house situation and asking specifically for no mold!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline! Im so glad too and my friend truly is amazing! God really did bless me :)

      Delete
  2. Aww man water damage sucks! I am adding that to my prayer list for you!! How is your neck doing? Also those numbers sound great I hope you continue to progress and get mature follies and great eggies! Praying for good things to happen and a baby to stick! Lastly what a sweet friend! Cookies make everything right with the world! I hope you day is awesome my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water damage is so awful :( Thank you for praying! My neck was doing better- today is a bad day but I go to PT in a little while and I am praying they can fix me up! I think I am going to make your cookies for her to return the favor!

      Delete
  3. So glad Swish is healthy! I'm doing the "no-mold" dance for you RIGHT NOW ;) And yay righty! Those follies sound GREAT! Good things are coming your way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for the no mold dance!! ((righty)) shes always the good girl in the party lol.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful friendship! I've been through the water damage ordeal and that mold better stay outta there. No mold dance in my chair right now :-) Marcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcy! This water damage has been an on going issue my number one priority if/when we ever move is that we are no longer in a flood zone and there is no water damage present!

      Delete
  5. What a thoughtful card! Your follies are lining up nicely....all pretty close in size too. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im excited that they are all over 10mm and growing! Praying the continue to grow!!

      Delete