Monday, October 7, 2013

A Sunshine Award to Start the Week

Melissa from "Ask An Infertile" nominated me for a Sunshine Award. The Sunshine award is given to writers who brighten other’s people’s days. That is certainly a goal of mine- to stay up beat and positive and help others stay upbeat and positive- at least as much as possible. I think we all have bad days- in fact I was going to hold off blogging about the Sunshine Award and instead tell you all some craptastic things that happened yesterday- instead I wanted to start the week off on a happy-go-lucky foot.

If you haven’t visited "Ask An Infertile" yet you really should stop on by. Here is a little excerpt explaining what the blog is all about-

--" Ask An Infertile is a blog that was created in August of 2013. Our goal is to answer questions and offer support on the subjects of trying to conceive, infertility, and pregnancy loss. We will have guest posts featuring other members of the blogging community, allowing them to share their stories and what they have learned through their journeys. We will have posts answering questions asked by readers. We will offer resources, links, and information on as many subjects." (read more here)
 
The rules are:
•Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
•Link to the blogger who nominated you
•Answer 10 questions about yourself
•Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
•Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them



Melissa’s 10 Questions-
 

1) Where did you come up with the name of your blog (this intrigues me)?
    I really don’t have a wonderful answer for this. I decided I was frustrated one day and I wanted a place to write down what I was feeling. After lurking around for quite some time I just started my own place. Stupid Broken Eggs was something I had said to my hubby after our first failed IUI after my doctor told me my Eggs were not cooperating.
     
    2) You have the chance to be told 5 significant events that will occur in your lifetime (what will happen and when). Do you want to know and why?

    Nope as much as I would like to know this fertility thing really is going to work out in the end. I think those significant events hold their place in our mind because we don’t know they are about to happen. The surprise of it is half the fun.

    3) If you could do any job, regardless of money or talent, what would it be?

    I would love to be a chef and the Mr and I could have our own restaurant. We would grow some of our own veggies and fruits and what we didn’t grow ourselves we would get locally. We would entertain daily. I would love that.

    4) What was your favorite Halloween costume when you were young?

    I always hated Halloween. It was never entertaining for me to get dressed up. That being said I was Cinderella once in our towns Halloween parade. They did my make up and my hair and I road on a float. All the little girls wanted to get pictures with me. It was pretty cool.
     
    5) Has infertility changed you?
     
    I would love to answer no.. But it has. I am more guarded of my feelings. I am more emotional and I know part of that is hormonal fluctuations, but its more than that. I’m more aware of being grateful for the good that I have in my life, because there really is no guarantee of a future. As a little girl you dream of being a Mommy. You grow up, marry your prince, and ride off into the sunset with babies bouncing everywhere. At least that was always my dream, and while I have found my prince charming- the bouncing babies and the sunsets with horse drawn carriages are missing. Its impossible to over look that and not let that change you.

    6) What is your favorite thing about yourself?

    My ability to listen to others. I know that people aren’t always looking for advice, but more so an ear to just listen to them and a shoulder to hold them while they cry.
     
    7) You can eat one thing every day for the next month. What is it?
     
    Coffee. Large vats of coffee without worrying that I drank over my allotted 8oz a day.
     
    8) If you had a superpower, what would it be?
     
    To provide a sense of peace and comfort to others with just a thought.

    9) Would you rather live one 1000 year life or ten 100 year lives?
     
    Ten 100 year lives. I think 1000 years would be exhausting, at least 10 different lives there would be change. 
     
    10) What is your best piece of advice?
Keep smiling and laughing. No matter what you are going through try to find the funny. Try to find a reason to smile and laugh. It makes the hard days a touch easier when you can find a reason to just smile.
 
My 10 Nominee’s-

I choose 10 Blogs whose Author's have left me comments that brought a smile to my face. I also choose some people that I would like to get to know a bit more about :)

 
 
My 10 Questions-
 
1)You could choose any 1 person to spend a day with – dead or alive- who do you chose? What do you do?

2)What is your most cherished memory?

3)If you win the mega millions do you still work as well?

4)Are you where you thought you would be 5 years ago?

5)If you had a chance to redo one thing in your life without it effecting how anything else in your life turned out- would you?

6)Do you enjoy cooking for others more or having someone cook for you?

7) Do you have a go to travel spot? Some place that you have or wished to visit more than once?

8) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

9)If you could redo school would you? Would you study something different or just study more?

10)What or who makes you smile the most?

8 comments:

  1. You're such a sweetheart! I'm so glad my notes help :) You definitely deserve this; you're always putting sunshine in my life, whether from a kind note, an upbeat entry, or a post letting me know I'm not alone and it's okay to have stormy days, too. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks we all have those stormy days- its overcoming them that matters!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me. So sweet of you and it's so nice to hear that a comment I made somewhere along the way helped you or made you smile even if only for a moment. I do not know where I would be without all the support that I receive from my blog friends. It's the one place where I feel I can be myself through all of this and everyone gets it.

    AND...I have always hated Halloween too!!! I thought I was the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you are not the only one. I don't like being scared or when people attempt to make me scared and I have a hard enough time avoiding sweets to begin with lol!

      Delete
  3. I am so grateful for your positivity and the sunshine you bring to others. I think the super power you chose is so fitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I really do wish when I sent someone a hug or prayed for their comfort that they could actually feel it.

      Delete