Monday, January 20, 2014

Today Is A Good Day!

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes for the loss of my friend Kevin. I will be sure his spirit lives on with me always. Death sadly is a part of life and while we grieve here on earth I know that he is watching over all of us and completely at peace. It's knowing that which helps me to remember him with a smile on my face <3

Today is a very good day- I just returned from the RE's- I have continued growth in almost all my follicles. The average size is around 18mm right now with some at 20mm and some around 13mm and a few scattered in between. 

My lining is at 12mm!! (Woot!) 

Tonight I will stim for hopefully the last night with my Gonal-F upped to 300 IU, Menopur 225 IU, Dexamethasone .25 and Ganirelex 225 mcg. 

The hope is that upping the Gonal-F will help give some of the smaller follicles a little bump and a chance at being mature. The hope is to retrieve over 10 mature eggs and we are pretty close to that right now.

I return for another scan tomorrow and my retrieval should be on Thursday. It's not set in stone just yet, but Dr. V sounded pretty confident in it. 

I'm still feeling pretty good and I'm excited as we move forward. It's been a long journey to get to this point of utter peace. I know that my doctors are doing their very best. I know that my body is doing its very best. And I know that the rest is truly up to God. 

Good things really are coming :) I can feel it and I'm choosing to stay positive and not think about any other outcome other than being pregnant as we move forward<3 I know that being so positive could set me up for a fall if things don't go as planned-- but life is like that. You never know what the very next moment will bring and I am choosing to live in hope that good things are coming. 

That the best is yet to come. 




29 comments:

  1. Good for you, girl! Hopeful for you! What an awesome lining!!! It sounds like very good things are coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Im so excited that my lining looks great and things are truly coming together!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo on that lining and follicle sizes! Sending good thoughts your way on retrieval day. So sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will be deeply missed. Thanks for the good thoughts!!

      Delete
  3. Yay! I think you are doing yourself a great justice by being positive and not preparing for the worst. I think if we constantly prepare ourselves for failure, it's like reliving it twice if in fact failure does happen. Why do that to ourselves, right? Besides, where the mind goes energy flows! Thinking good positive thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I love that saying- "where the mind goes energy flows!" So perfect for how I feel!

      Delete
  4. I love your positive attitude! Good things are always coming your way because God is wonderful and LOVES to bless His baby girls :)

    waitingforbabybird.com

    P.S. I am nominating you for the Liebster Award so you will have to check out that post later today when I post it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think He truly does too! Thank you for the nomination! I will be sure to stop by and check it out!!

      Delete
  5. Yay! Good news! So glad those follies are growing and things are looking good! I'll be thinking about you lots on Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping you get plenty of top quality embryos so you can freeze a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think we will! I have a wonderful feeling about it all!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on a great follie scan! Awesome lining!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for your good news! Your positive attitude is inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think being positive is really helping me along the way!

      Delete
  9. I am so excited for you. Those are awesome follicles you're growing there, girl! Your baby is in there! Can't wait for tomorrow's report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megs! I think he's in there too (Im totally feeling He today :)

      Delete
  10. What an amazing lining and great follicles! Your attitude in this post makes me happy and feel good too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so glad I could spread the feel good feelings <3

      Delete
  11. Wow super lining! And slow and steady is paying off! I can't wait to hear about the retrieval.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited that things are going so well! Love your positive attitude! Fingers crossed for lots of mature eggs on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like things are growing happily. Good luck with the cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so wonderful! Fingers crossed for you. I can't wait to hear what happens <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am very excited for you. I am glad you are feeling positive and hopeful. I can't wait to hear what comes of your retrieval!

    ReplyDelete