Sunday, December 22, 2013

Happy ICLW~ December

Happy International Comment Leaving Week- or better known as ICLW! If you aren't familiar ICLW is a week where bloggers come together -catch up with one another and leave comments to let one another know we are out there and we are reading. Its an oppurtunity to read some new blogs and learn about what others -that you don't normally follow -are up to. If you are interested in participating you can learn more- here! As always thank you to Mel for organizing ICLW for all of us!



If this is your first time visiting us there is an easy catch up for our TTC Journey so far here. Right now we are on the brink of our first IVF Cycle and I am battling reoccuring Strep Throat. For those that normally follow along I am feeling a bit better today. I called out of work yesterday and did not get off the couch the entire day. I was diagnosed with another round of strep throat and a possible pneumonia (due to what I am bringing up when I am coughing.) I was placed on stronger antibiotics and told to rest, rest, rest. I have a lot going on this week- but I refuse to take on anything extra or above what I already have and when I have down time I will be laying down. 

About a week ago I had my trial transfer and SIS and it was pretty much a disaster- you can learn about how my exprience went here. All the findings were good and we are currently awaiting my immune system to reboot itself and my insurance company to authorize the IVF prior to being able to move forward.

We are some of the lucky ones -we have the ever rare IVF Insurance Coverage. Something I wish everyone was so lucky to have. My husband and I have been trying for over 3 years now and IVF would not be an option if it wasn't for this coverage- at least not right now. So after 6 IUI's we will hopefully be moving forward shortly with our IVF as we welcome in 2014. If you are the praying type- Prayers for health and healing needed as I need to be in my best health moving forward.

2013 has been a rough year for us- Rob lost his job in June and I found myself as the sole income for our household. Rob's Mom also battled breast cancer and his father fought off multiple infections due to his complex health issues. My father was without work and no longer was eligable for unemployment and my Mom was only brining in her dissability. Our families became closer thought as we all fought through this year together. We watched many of our friends welcome their own childeren this year and we continued to fight for our own. We cried many tears- some from sorrow- others of joy. While 2013 is on the way out- and I truly am glad to see it go since it was an uphill rough battle- we ended it with a true blessing.

Last night we met with some of our very best friends and they honored us by asking Rob and I to be the God Parents to both of their little boys. This is such a huge blessing to us- mainly because they would trust their boys with us knowing we aren't parents. We love those two little guys with all of our hearts already and there is no doubt in my mind that we would raise them and treat them with unending love. We felt so blessed last night. It was such a wonderful way to help us usher in 2014 and out 2013.

I hope as the Christmas Season is upon us that you too are able to find something to pick out of your year as a blessing. Even if you've dealt with unimaginable grief try to find a way to close out 2013 with some joy. Whether its finding the smallest thing-- or a wonderful blessing like was given to us- try to close out 2013 holding something special and joyful in mind.

I hope that if you struggled in 2013 that you will prosper in 2014. I hope your Christmas's are spent with family and love and joy. I hope that if you are hurting you are able to find something to bring you joy and love.I hope that if 2013 was a year of sickness for you or your loved ones that 2014 brings health and healing. I hope that 2014 is happier for so many of us.

Thanks for stopping by<3 If this is your first time visiting be sure to leave a comment so I can visit your way too!

20 comments:

  1. I more recently started reading your blog although I am not sure if I've had a chance to comment yet. I'm also here with ICLW! I am sorry that 2013 was rough (with the exception of last night...YAY). :) I hope that 2014 brings you everything that you have dreamed of! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by- I think 2014 is going to bring so many blessings our way and I can't wait to watch them unfold!

      Delete
  2. Hello from ICLW! I'm so sorry that 2013 was such a mess, but I am praying that 2014 brings you a BFP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy ICLW!! Hoping 2014 brings us a BFP too :)

      Delete
  3. Believing big things for 2014! So glad you are feeling better and how sweet that you got asked to be Godparents, how cool is that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for you guys too Caroline! We are so blessed to be those sweet boys Godparents <3

      Delete
  4. I also am ready to say goodbye to 2013. I hope 2014 brings many many good things!
    You will be amazing god parents! how sweet :)
    Feel better and keep resting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Im anxiously awaiting 2014 and all it has to offer us!

      Delete
  5. This is a great post Kasey! 2013 was so much more challenging for me too than I expected and I have BIG hopes for 2014. I'm trying to remember all the good things from 2013 as well. I really hope all of us get lucky next year (yay for miracles)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all set for some miracles<3 for all of us!

      Delete
  6. Kasey, you guy would make amazing godparents. You're always a great encouragement to others. I hope that 2014 brings you much happiness and the take home baby that you have always wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too!! 2014 is filled with so much hope and promise already!

      Delete
  7. Apparently I picked the right time to start reading IF blogs - happy ICLW! I am glad to find other women on this journey. Good luck with IVF! I am 11 days into the 2WW of IUI#4 and if this one fails, we will move to IVF. But we are not so lucky with the insurance. That's awesome that you have coverage. We have some similarities in our stories - I am being laid off in a couple of months, and my Mom is also fighting breast cancer (plus my nephew has leukemia) so I hear you with the crap-fest of 2013. Here's to a happy healthy (and pregnant!) 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy ICLW! Wishing you the best for your IUI!!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you're feeling a little better! Strep throat sounds awful! Hopeful that you're on the road to recovery and that IVF coverage comes through soon… hurry 2014! It sounds like a promising year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strep throat was terrible-- I'm so glad Im feeling much much much better!

      Delete
  9. Being a godparent is such a special honor. Congrats you two! Hope you continue to get back to 100% with lightning speed!

    ReplyDelete