Friday, September 27, 2013

Liebster Award

The every so lovely Anne at The Second Bedroom  nominated me for a Liebster Award. Since I have never received a Liebster Award myself I did a little research to learn a little more about it... This is what I found

A Few Fun "Liebster" Facts 
  • This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
  • It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
  • It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
  • It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
  • The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
  • Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
  • Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
  • Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
  • Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”. 
My favorite of these facts is that Liebster is derived from German origins and has meanings that include -kindness, valued, and lovely. I love those connotations: recognizing someone for their kindness. I always strive to be kind and gentle myself.

I also like the idea of helping to spread the word of blogs that I like to read along with spreading my blog to a broader audience. 

So Anne I thank you and I gladly and graciously accept <3


"The Rules" 


11 Random Facts About Me

1) I am a Disney Addict. We have a Disney Vacation Club timeshare and we try to make as many trips as we can to Disney every year. We have been annual pass holders since we began dating. We love to take silly tours and learn all the ins and outs of Disney and all "about the mouse". 

2) I have 4 Uncles on my Mom's side and 3 Aunts and 1 Uncle on my Dad's side. I come from a very "fertile people". Sadly I have 3 cousins who are my age who have all had fertility problems.

3) I grew up riding horses. When I got married I sold my horse to a friend to help us pay for the wedding. I wish I never sold her. I miss riding terribly and wish I had the time to get back into it. 

4) Speaking of our wedding... we got married on the beach on the Jersey Shore. It was our dream wedding and there really isn't anything I would do over other than not miss cocktail hour. My maid of honor gave birth on my wedding day and her daughters were my flower girls. I had a stand in flower girl and I will always share my wedding day with my best friends 3rd daughter :) 

5) I never flew until I was an adult. We never traveled as kids, but as an adult I have traversed the states and have been to four other countries. Its my dream to travel to Italy and recreate the entire "Under The Tuscan Sun" w/ a dash of "Eat Pray Love" thrown in. 

6) Speaking of flying I hate taking off and I hate landing. My husband thinks I am crazy for being perfectly fine with being thousands of feet above the earth but not like the portions where you are touching earth still. 

7) I am a paranoid person. I am afraid of other drivers and feel much better when I am in control of the situation. I also check, recheck, and triple check that appliances are off and unplugged and doors are locked. 

8) I love to sing. My favorite thing to do is drive in my car, blast the radio, and roll the windows down. I don't think I have a good voice though so don't ask me to sing out loud! 

9) Some of my very best friends on the earth I met on an online forum. This November we are all meeting in person for the first time. These women mean so much to me and I think part of that is the openness we have shared in all of our triumphs and struggles. 

10) I am a 911 Dispatcher and an EMT. I love and hate my job. Some days are so rewarding and some days break my heart. Sometimes I think I may be too sensitive to do this job, other days I think I am a pillar of strength. All of my elderly patients ALWAYS ask if I have kids. I always tell the elderly women our story.

11) My husband truly is my heart and soul. We have been through some particularly trying times this year, but I truly think they have bonded us together closer than we were before. He has a heart of gold and his little surprises- from jewelry "just because"- to flowers delivered to my job just to say "I love you" he is able to make me fall in love time and time again. I do know how lucky I am and I wouldn't trade my husband for the world.


Anne's 11 Questions 
 
1. What do you turn to for comfort? 

I don't really have a what its more of a who. I turn to a few - first I pray for comfort... then I reach out to my husband and tell him that I am suffering. My husband always has the right words to calm me and ease my pain. I also talk to my Mom. She is the best listener I know and she always gives me wonderful advice. 

2. Do you have any habits/mannerisms other people consider odd but you couldn't do without?

I guess it would be my "nervousness". I think its my line of work, but for whatever reason I never feel "safe". I know the fragility of life and I am always afraid of other people not paying attention or not seeing something and so I go the "extra mile" and keep look out for danger. My husband calls me "nervous ninny".

3. What is your favorite thing to cook? Or, for non-cooks, to order in?

Hands down my Mama's Gravy. It reminds me of Sunday's at home with my Mom and my Gram. It reminds me of family and safety and love. All the good stuff. Plus there is nothing like the smell of Gravy on the stove simmering away and it tastes pretty darn good to boot! 

4. It's your day off. No commitments yet. Shockingly, ALL your laundry is clean. What do you wear?

My sweat pants and Rob's tee shirt. I love padding around my house in my sweats and an over sized tee shirt. I also leave the bra behind. I feel safe and free and comfy- something I don't normally feel being as I wear a uniform to both of my jobs.

5. You can have one word or phrase stricken from the minds of humanity--they just forget it existed and you NEVER have to hear it again. What is it?

"YOLO"

6. You're a billionaire, hooray! What charity do you make your pet cause?

The Make a Wish Foundation. My cousin and his brother and sister were able to and are still able to go to camp every year because of this foundation. They have made wonderful friends and all the children who are battling or have won their battles against childhood cancer and diseases are able to go. Its a wonderful distraction for those kids and something near and dear to my heart. 

7. Do you wear socks to bed?

Nope. In fact if I could get away with never wearing socks again- ever- I would go sock free for life. I hate them. 

8. I've got a gift card for you! You can't spend it on bills. Only frivolous things. Where do you go?

Clothes- probably Express :) And thanks! lol 

9. What one thing that you do on a regular basis do you wish you never had to do again?

Blow dryer and straighten my hair. I wish I could roll out of bed without a mop for hair or have a personal hair stylist come daily to make my hair smooth and beautiful! 

10. If you were an expert in one area, and people came from miles away just to ask your thoughts, what area would that be?

Compassion. I think I am able to be compassionate no matter the situation or the person. I would love to be able to spread that - there is not enough compassion in the world in my opinion.  


11 Bloggers I Love



My Questions for You

1) What is one place you want to visit before you die?

2) What is your favorite place that you have traveled so far? 

3) If you could redo your career path what would you do different, or are you happy with what you do now? 

4) Who is you favorite person or people to confide your innermost secrets in? 

5) If infertility weren't an issue and finances are taken out of it how many kids would you have?  

6) Do you have any pets? What are their names?

7) Its your last meal! What are you having? 

8) If you were a candy bar what kind of candy bar would you be? 

9) Whats your one makeup item that you cant leave the house without putting on first? 

10) Where is your favorite place to shop? 

11) What is your most favorite photograph of? 



Thank you so much for learning some more about me and thank you again Anne for nominating me. The support of the blogging community means the world to me- especially during the rough days. You all always find the right words to lift me up and your countless thoughts and prayers do not go unnoticed. I cherish each one of you, each one of your precious comments, and pray for each one of your journeys. 

I truly can not wait to learn more about you all as well <3

5 comments:

  1. Kasey - i loved this - it was so good to get to know you more - crazy about your MOH going into labor on your wedding day. And so funny about the flying thing!!! I feel better when we are closer to the ground! So thankful for you and appreciate the nomination - I filled out my answers last year, bu maybe it's time to do them again!!!! Thanks girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my MOH went into labor everyone was afraid to tell me! Like she could stop it something. MOH is super fertile myrtle and has offered to be a surrogate if it comes to it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination. I am grateful for your compassion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to get to know more about you :)

      Delete
  3. I love your number one that is so me!! My mom and my husband are my bestfriends. I have found myself trying to turn to God first more because I can totally just forget to tell him about what I'm going through. Thank you for nominating me. I will let you know when I post.

    ReplyDelete